- BSN from KSU-Riyadh with an honor certificate in 2003.
- Master degree in 2007 from University of Toronto at Faculty of Nursing in Women’s Health Studies specialty.
Major Interests/ Working Fields
- Women’s Health
- Health quality
- Ethnic, Gender equality and women’s right
- Socio-cultural factors and prenatal care among minority groups women
Recent research activities/ publications
- Addressing the major socio-cultural circumstances that are required for maintaining a culturally competent perinatal care for women who underwent female genital cutting (FGC) in Saudi Arabia.
- Midiwfery and Midwives: Historical Analysis (publication in progress).
- Female Genital Cutting and Maternal Care in Canadian Context
- Female Genital Cutting and Maternal Care in Saudi Context.
- The utilization of TACM during pregnancy.