The Faculty Development Center serves to enhance faculty members’ teaching skills by connecting them with resources for innovation and renewal. The Faculty Development Center invites faculty to make use of its services, all of which exist for formative (or developmental) purposes.
- To support effective and innovative teaching that enables student learning.
- To advance new initiatives in teaching and learning.
- To facilitate a culture of continuous teaching improvement.
- To build communities of teaching and learning among departments and other colleges.
Workshops and Programs
- Departmental Programs
When needed departments organize events for faculty members such as lectures and workshops on specific topics (e.g. advising, grading, increasing student participation) or any other areas of professional development.
- Lectures and Workshops
The Staff Development Program sponsors lectures, reading groups, and workshops on topics of interest to all faculty and staff. Look for announcements through email and flyers. We welcome suggestions of interesting topics, books, and speakers.
- Teaching and Technology
The Information Technology Unit helps faculty members incorporate technology into their teaching activities, including arranging for workshops to train faculty members on using various technical tools.
- Web Mail Access
- Blackboard Learning Management System
- How to post an announcement
- How to copy course content
- How to customize my courses list
- How to export students grades to Excel File
- How to print From Blackboard
- How to extract Test and Survey Results
- How to use Turnitin with Blackboard
- How to check plagiarism using safe assignment
- How to create revision assignment for turnitin assignment
- Student Information System (CON-R SIS)
- Student Information System (SIS Campus Solution)
- Student Access
- Faculty Access
- Assessment Unit Access
- Dean Access
- Admin Access
- SiS Go Live (Verification and Usage)
- Generate Report for Batch and Students
- Manage Personal Information
- Request Academic Advisement Report
- Manage Course Enrollment
- Manage Transfer Credits
- Tracking Milestones
- Manage Student Attendance
- Manage Exam Schedule
- Manage Communications (3Cs)
- Tracking Honors and Awards
- Tracking Academic Standing and Probations
- Grace Lapse Process
- Online Applications
- Department of Registration